First of all, bed bugs are a common problem that occurs at least once in every house hold. There are a lot of things that lead to the infestation and bed bug problem. Now, it is important to know that there are solutions for this as well as preventive measures.
In case you have bed bugs it is best for you to see from this review what are they and how to get rid of them quickly and effectively. Also, this review will help anyone who wants to protect the bed from bed bugs.
About Bed Bugs in General
The common bed bug is a pest that feeds on the blood of the human and irritates their skin and parts that it bites. Now, bed bugs can be a serious problem if you don’t take them as a serious threat for your health.
The important thing to know about bed bugs is that they do not spread or transmit diseases like other public health pests. Nevertheless, bed bugs are a serious problem and they must be dealt with care. They are capable of causing other public health problems and that is why you need to pay close attention on how to prevent and control bed bugs.
Most of the experts think that the main reason of bed bug infestation is the lack of knowledge about preventing them and more traveling. Also, the people tend to be ignorant about the resistance of bed bugs and ineffective pest control.
Well, the first step in getting rid of the bed bugs is getting the right information about them. That is why we are here to help. The good thing is that bed bugs can be dealt easily, also they are easy to prevent and control as well. To do all these things, you will probably need a good strategy on how to get rid of them using both chemical and non-chemical methods.
Learn How to Detect Bed Bugs
If the infestation of bed bugs is in your home it is best to find it early. That way the infestation will not spread rapidly and that way you will be dealing with a minor infestation. If you let the bed bugs infestation spread and become a serious problem, then the whole process of getting rid of them will be more costly and harder to do.
Anyway, minor infestations are harder to find so it can be easily mistaken for something else. On the other side, bites on the skin is also a poor indicator of infestation of bed bugs. They can be misleading because they look like any other bites or rashes.
The best way of finding the bed bugs is to look for physical signs. When you change or clean the sheets look for rusty stains on the bed, they will mostly appear because the bugs were crushed.
Also, the little dark spots are a good indicator of bed bugs. They are a bed bug excrement and they can also leave a stain if you crush them.
Possibly the best indicator of bed bugs is the actual live bed bug. They can be found anywhere on the bed as well as their eggs or eggshells. They are tiny and very hard to see, so in order to spot them, you need to open your eyes wide.
Things to do if You Find Bed Bugs
There are multiple ways of controlling the bed bug infestation. Simply speaking, if you found out about bed bug infestation then you should definitely get rid of them quickly. But this whole process is not an easy task to do. It will take time and patience to get rid of bed bugs.
Do it yourself
If you plan to get rid of the bed bugs yourself, then you need to develop a strategy that works. First of all, when you find out where bed bugs are located, you need to make sure that you are fighting against them exactly. Many people mistake bed bugs for some other pests and don’t deal with them properly.
Now, there are plenty of ways to kill bed bugs, but only a few of them are effective. If you kill them it is also good to get rid of them for good. We will now list some of the ways to get rid of bed bugs effectively.
- Heat treatment – If you decide to use this method, you need to know what exactly to use as a tool to get rid of them. You can use a clothes dryer or a high heat plastic bags. This way bed bugs will be killed and be gone for good.
- Cold treatment – This method is extremely good, but you need to do it correctly. Get your infested sheets in the freezer and set the temperature to 0o
- Non-chemical methods – With this kind of method you will likely kill the bugs but not get rid of them for good. Simply speaking, using this method will not eliminate all the bugs and infestation.
After you do all these things in order to get rid of bed bugs, your next step is to make sure that infestation is completely gone. Make sure that you inspect for bed bugs every 5-7 days because some of the eggs may remain and. If any egg remains and spread again, you are back to the first step and that is something that nobody likes.
What are bed bugs Mattress Encasements
Most of the people sleep on mattresses and they do not even know what is hidden within them. Therefore, a lot of mattresses are infected with bed bugs or some other pests that can make a serious problem with your health. Now, in order to prevent that from happening, you need to get a good mattress encasement for you and your loved ones.
The main reason mattresses need this type of protection is the infestation of bed bugs. Simply speaking, every encasement for a mattress is good to have since it protects and prevents bed bugs from biting. If the bed bugs don’t feed they don’t reproduce.
Take this into consideration about mattress encasements
We will now list some of the things you should take into consideration in order to get the best mattress encasement out there.
- You need to get a protective cover that is bite-proof – Simply speaking, there are many covers that don’t have a bite-proof feature. This means that the bed bugs will still feed if they are in the mattress. On the other hand, search for the covers that have this feature in order to get the best protection.
- Best covers have waterproof fabric – This is also important since the non-waterproof fabric is easier to infest by the bed bugs. Therefore, the waterproof fabric is important to have and it is also easy to clean it and maintain it.
- The zipper – This might seem a little bit weird or non-important but it really is important. The zipper line is the best way for bugs to escape. Therefore, you need to find a cover with the zipper teeth and bugs will be easily dealt with.
The importance of Mattress Encasements
The main thing to know about mattress encasements is that they can provide a great protection against bed bugs. Also, they are considered as one of the best treatments among many other treatments when it comes to the bed bugs.
Simply speaking, if you ask any expert or an exterminator, they will suggest a good mattress encasement for your protection. Not only that encasements and covers are great at dealing with bed bugs, but they are also good for protection against other pests.
The price range of the best Mattress Encasements
There are many covers and mattress encasements that really are considered great and among the best, but their price is a little bit higher. Therefore, we will make price point categories for mattress encasements so you can get the best one.
The ‘’cheap’’ price point category from 10.99 to 20.99 – In this category you can find a lot of mattress encasements and they are not costing a lot. They are simply good and they excel in every field of protection.
The ‘’affordable’’ price point category from 21.99 to 50.99 – All mattress encasements and covers that are in this category are definitely worth the money and they do not really cost a fortune. Anyhow, every regular and ordinary cover is to be found here.
The ‘’expensive’’ price point category from 70.99 to 150.99 – Now, this is a category that has pretty good covers and mattress encasements. Every item you find in this price point category has more features and greater value than others.
The ‘’ high-end’’ price point category from 200.99 to 500.99 – The items from this category are not affordable for everyone, but they are pretty valuable and worth the money. There is a reason why they cost this much and why are they the best products out there.
Best Mattress Encasements Reviews
Now, after we explained everything you need to know about bed bugs and how to get rid of them, it is time to get some mattress encasement. Furthermore, we will talk about everything good and bad about mattress encasement that we listed here. Let us see why these products belong to the best mattress encasement category.
1) SLEEP TITE ENCASE OMNIPHASE Bed Bug Proof Waterproof Temperature Regulating Mattress Protector – Split Cal King
First, we must say that this mattress encasement is the best overall mattress encasement on the market. Anyhow, let us see why this item is considered as one of the best.
Simply speaking, this mattress encasement is lab-certified and works great against bed bugs. In other words, you will rest assured that this one is going to help you with bed bugs and provide comfortable time on the bed. After all, it is lab-tested and ensures great protection against bed bugs.
Another great thing about this encasement is that it covers the whole mattress. From the bottom to the top of the mattress, every inch will be protected against bed bugs. Many other encasements are not excelling in this field, but this one definitely does.
With the breathable H2PRO waterproof membrane, every bed bug, allergen, dust mites, and much more will be blocked. The air will be able to pass and allow the mattress to breathe. Therefore, the mattress will be protected.
- High-quality materials – Everything used to make this encasement is previously tested and belongs to the high-quality materials. Anyhow, with the ultra-soft TENCEL fiber that offers moisture wicking, you will be able to have a cool and dry sleep surface.
- The zipper – We have already mentioned the importance of the zipper. This encasement has a 360-degree zipper that provides easy application and the best protection. Simply speaking, nothings gets in, nothing gets out.
- 15 Years warranty – In order to ensure every possible buyer, this mattress encasement also has a 15 years warranty. You will hardly find better deals when it comes to the encasements.
- The price – This mattress encasement belongs to the ‘’high-end’’ price point category. Therefore, it is quite expensive but it doesn’t cost a fortune per se.
Overall value about this encasement
Anyhow, this encasement is one of the best products you can find on the market. That is why it belongs to the high-end price point category and it is best overall mattress encasement.
Just by looking at this encasement, you will be able to recognize a high-quality product that offers a lot. Simply speaking, this encasement is already positioned high on the ladder of quality and value. Now, let us see why is this encasement for mattresses our second pick on this review.
One thing that best describes this encasement is the allergy-proof as well as bedbug-proof. Simply speaking, with this kind of encasement you will not have to worry about allergies or bed bugs biting you anymore. It is designed by Board-Certified Allergist so it really excels in the field of protection.
As for the bed bug protection, this encasement is also providing a lot. However, most of the encasements don’t block some of the pests and unwanted things on your bed, but this one does. It is great against bed bugs, dust mites, animal dander allergens. Also, it is previously tested and certified as best bedbug-proof encasement.
Now, the most important thing to know about this encasement is the comfort it provides. With the silky soft and tightly woven 100% breathable microfiber, this encasement will block everything and let the air circulate through the material.
- High-quality sewing construction – This encasement has bound seams and interior zipper as well as the long zipper for the whole coverage of the encasement.
- Lifetime warranty – Lifetime warranty is only one of the things that this encasement provides. Anyhow, the designers of this product are pretty confident in its durability and quality.
- Previously tested and certified – Lots of tests were done on this encasement only to ensure the best quality and performance. It is Certified against bed bugs, also it is designed by Board-Certified Allergist.
- It doesn’t cover every type of mattress – This encasement is not able to cover every size of mattresses, so make sure to compare the sizes and get the right fit.
Overall value of this encasement
After everything we said about this encasement, we can only conclude that it is definitely valuable and worth the money. No wonder why it is a ‘’runner up’’ in this review.
3) PURE PROTECTOR Zippered Mattress Encasement, Lab Testes Bed Bug Proof, Dust Mite Proof, Waterproof, Breathable, Noiseless, Vinyle Free, Queen Size 60×80+11 (fits 11-14inch H) (LIGHT BLUE)
Now it is time to present the best budget encasement we found. This beauty is definitely affordable by almost everyone and it has great features. Simply speaking, everyone who seeks encasements will be able to benefit from this one for sure.
Let’s start with the basics. This encasement is certified as bedbug-proof product and it has a pretty great way of dealing with the bed bugs. Anyhow, bed bugs will be trapped inside the mattress and this encasement will ensure that nothing gets in and nothing gets out. That way bed bugs will die because they can’t feed.
It is not only good against bed bugs, but also against everything that can be found on the mattress. That is why it is named PURE PROTECTOR. Works great against dust mites, bacteria, allergens, urine, fluids and much more.
Furthermore, we can say that this encasement is breathable, meaning that only air will pass through the surface. That way your mattress will be protected and you will have a comfortable time on your bed.
- Great performance and durability – This encasement is definitely great against every type of pests and allergens that live on the mattress. Also, the durability is very high since this encasement is waterproof and resistant.
- Breathable – You will have the best time in your bed knowing that this encasement allows air to go through and stops everything that can hurt your health.
- High-quality materials – It has silky surface and it is noiseless. This will provide the clean and fresh bed surface.
- Very affordable – This mattress encasement belongs to the ‘’cheap’’ price point category which means that is affordable by many.
- The size – This encasement is great for moving or traveling, but when it comes to home bed protection, its size may cause some problems. Make sure that you get the right size.
Overall value of this encasement
This is definitely one of the best encasement that comes at this low price. Therefore, it is affordable by many and it does everything great.
4) LUCID Encasement Mattress Protector – Completely Surrounds Mattress for Waterproof, Allergen Proof, Bed Bug Proof Protection -15 Year Warranty – Queen sizeLUCID Encasement Mattress Protector – Completely Surrounds Mattress for Waterproof, Allergen Proof, Bed Bug Proof Protection -15 Year Warranty – Queen size
If you happen to look for some encasement that is both affordable and great for protection, you are on the right page. Simply speaking, this is a great encasement that works perfectly when it comes to the protection of the bed and your health.
This encasement provides great protection against all types of bugs like bed bugs, dust mites as well as the allergens and liquid.
Possibly one of the best features about this encasement is the elastic material that offers this encasement to fit any mattress. Simply speaking, you will not have a problem with finding the right size since this can fit everywhere.
- Great durability – This encasement is 100% waterproof with a watertight zipper that doesn’t let anything gets through.
- High-quality materials – Everything about this encasement can be possibly described as high-quality. The elastic material really contributes to the performance as well.
- Great against all type of bugs – It is certified against bed bugs, dust mites, and much more. Also, it provides great protection against allergens.
- Difficult to put on – This encasement is not easy to put on the mattress, therefore be careful not to damage it in anyway.
Overall value of this encasement
In the light of everything we said above, this encasement is pretty good for the money and it is considered as valuable and great.
5) SafeRest Premium Zippered Mattress Encasement – Lab Tested Bed Bug Proof, Dust Mite and Waterproof – Breathable, Noiseless and Vinyl Free (Fits 9 – 12 in. H) – Full Size
Premium quality encasement like this definitely is worth to be in this review. Simply speaking, this encasement is lab tested and certified against bed bugs.
The best thing about this encasement is the micro zipper technology that prevents everything to get out or to get in.
The materials are from the highest-quality and they offer great and comfortable use. Premium cotton terry surface is possibly the most comfortable and protective thing about this encasement.
- Great performance – This encasement protects mattresses from all 6 sides and it is waterproof. Also, it is great at dealing with all sorts of pests.
- Best materials – With the cotton terry surface and breathable membrane that blocks everything besides air, this encasement really has something to offer.
- Lab tested – This is already tested and certified product so it has a great performance value.
- More elastic than it should be – When you put this encasement on the mattress, it might be a little bit loose and it doesn’t stay on the mattress for long.
Overall value of this encasement
With everything said about this encasement, we can add that it is pretty valuable. It may have some tiny flaws but it surely is good.
In the light of everything that is mentioned above, we can only say that this review is made to help those with bed bug problems. As we previously stated, bed bugs are not an easy thing to deal with. Therefore, we hope you will find your answer in this review.
As for the products, they are all good in their own way, but mostly they are great for protection. Simply speaking, it is only up to you to choose which one is the perfect fit for you.